<< sorting numeric values in a Flex DataGrid
scrollToIndex doesn't work when dataprovider has just been updatedI experienced a problem with a datagrid where I tried to use a scrollToIndex.
This was the necessary workflow:
- load a xml from a webservice and place the result in a datagrid
- select an item from the datagrid
- change it in a seperate panel + save
- reload the webservice and replace the content of the datagrid with the new xml
- set the selectedIndex and scrollToIndex to the row which was updated
The selectedIndex worked, the scrollToIndex not.
The answer is simple once you know it: add dg.validateNow() before calling the scrollToIndex !
Example without the validateNow
--> this datagrid gets really messy with the second button clicked!
Example with the validateNow
--> everything ok here!
This is the code:
click="dgTest.selectedIndex=7; dgTest.scrollToIndex(7);" />
click="dgTest.dataProvider=; dgTest.dataProvider=employees; dgTest.validateNow(); dgTest.selectedIndex=7; dgTest.scrollToIndex(7);" />